Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well Hi out there to you all! Just back from a mini vaca here, and i'm feeling refreshed and ready to roll. If you're like me, you're wondering where this summer has gone. I can't get over that i'm seeing back-to-school commercials already! it's insane. I used to laugh when my folks said that the older you get the faster time flies. Don't you just hate it when you grow up and find out they're right???
But I did take some time this summer to go to the movies with my stepdaughter. Escaping from the heat and the perpetual rain, i guess. But we went to see "Julie and Julia" and I just loved it. I'm not much of a cook, but I could relate to the theme of finding your passion in life. and I think I have found that. My passion is taking old furniture, and turning it into a thing of beauty. It does something to my soul. It's like rescuing something that has been abandoned...something that was once loved, but now is not, and has been thoughtlessly discarded. It's a thing of beauty to give new life to things with just a little hard work, love, and TLC. it's a thing worth doing. It's good to the earth, to the soul, to our recession, to our community...it's all good. Let me know...don't you just love it too??

No comments:

Post a Comment